NASAO CENTER AVIATION EDUCATION PROGRAM AWARD
The NASAO Center for Aviation Research and Education established an annual Aviation Education Program Award in 1993 to recognize the efforts of the state aviation agencies educating and motivating the public with aviation-related education programs. The NASAO Center, recognizing that aviation education has assumed a vital role in our contemporary society, has resolved to identify and honor an exemplary state program that has contributed to the advancement of learning. The states should be recognized for their support and assistance in the development of a national effort to make aviation education resources available to students of all ages as well as the community-at-large. The recipient will receive the award at the NASAO Annual Convention & Trade Show.
The NASAO Center Aviation Education Program Award is open to any state aviation agency that has developed, or has contracted for the development of, an original aviation education program.
Nominations must be typed, submitted electronically and include:
- An Executive Summary of the entry, not exceeding two pages, stating why the entry is exemplary and innovative and how it furthers aviation education.
- A background and description of the program which states its origin and development, along with goals and objectives.
- The implementation date along with the details of the implementation. Only programs that have been implemented should be submitted for judging.
- A description, if possible, of the results of the program, the benefits and the targeted age group.
- A report on the actual cost of the program, including funding from all sources.
- Pictures, drawings, samples, correspondence, or any other means that reinforces the exemplary and innovative nature of the program.
A panel of distinguished judges has been selected to rate the entries. Judges will be asked to rank each entry considering what degree the program contributed to the development of a national effort to make aviation education readily available to students of all ages and the community-at-large.
PAST RECIPIENTS OF THE NASAO CENTER AVIATION EDUCATION PROGRAM AWARD:
1993 Alabama, Project SOAR – Science Opportunities Using Aerospace Resources
1994 Tennessee, Teaching the Teachers
1995 Indiana, Project TAKEOFF and Florida, Aviation Education Project
1996 Minnesota, Aviation Education Resource Center
1997 Massachusetts, Takeoff Program
1998 Nebraska, Edgerton Aviation Education Project
1999 Oklahoma, Adopt-an-Airport Program
2000 Maryland, Aviation Careers Fly-In
2001 Oklahoma, Aeronautics and Space Commission Summer Camp Program
2002 Minnesota, Office of Aeronautics Aviation Career and Education Program
2006 Minnesota, Office of Aeronautics Aviation Career Curriculum and Education Program
2007 Arizona, Aeronautics Division Wings to Fly Program and Kentucky, Department of Aviation Kentucky Aviation Teacher Institutes Program
2008 Minnesota, Office of Aeronautics Adopt-A-School Program
2009 Arizona, Aeronautics Division Aerospace Badge Workshop
2012 Kansas, Department of Transportation Division of Aviation, Airport OPS for Cops
THE NOMINATION DEADLINE
Each state may submit only one entry. All entries must be recieved by Friday, July 19, 2013.
Please send the electronic nomination to: Bridgette Bailey email@example.com.
Bridgette is also available to answer questions at 703-417-1883.